- Receive support, mentoring and business (support) from club members
- Meet interesting local guest speakers
- Take the opportunity to be a guest speaker and promote your business
- Meet members at national events such as regional meetings, leadership weekend, conference and projects.
- Use your contacts for mentoring purposes or to expand your network further.
- Meet high profile guest speakers
- Meet and network with international business women at Tri-ennial Congresses and Asia-Pacific Regional meetings
- Join with BPW International and ITC in promoting your business if you own 50% or more
- Take advantage of the opportunities such partnerships as those with UN Women, Commonwealth Business Women, ITC, etc offer
- Friendship with like-minded positive business and professional women
Personal Development / Leadership
- KTA, keys to achievement – your personal development programme (practice your “soft skills” and general leadership skills).
- Leadership weekend
- Mentoring programme
- Women on Boards programme
- Margery Toulson Scholarship; 1500 NZD scholarship awarded to a BPW member for the purpose of undertaking education and training relating to senior leadership and governance
- Guest speakers
- Opportunity to participate in executive committee, project teams and committees on club, National and International level. Receive training and mentoring along the way.
- At International Level
- Consultative status with the United Nations through the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and participatory status with the Council of Europe.
- Lobbied and provided statements at such international forums as APEC
- Local community support projects
- Submissions to advance the status of women and to effect change for families at a local and National level eg: paid parental leave, equal pay, flexible work, matrimonial property act, Alcohol Reform Bill.
- Actively involved in Women Empowerment Principles (WEPs) – in association with UN Women, EEO Trust and the Human Rights Commission.
Aims & Ambitions
BPW develops the professional, leadership and business potential of women on all levels through advocacy, mentoring, networking, skill building and our economic empowerment programs and projects around the world.
- Our aims:
- Develop professional and leadership potential for women at all levels.
- Our Ambition:
- Equal Participation of Women and Men in Power and Decision-Making Roles